Friday, August 12, 2016

Your Potential Has Potential

     So, here's the thing...I don't like seeing people held down, kept from their dreams. Life is too damned short for that nonsense.

     I allowed myself to be held too tightly by my parents for a really long time. Then when I finally woke the hell up and made my escape, I fell into the arms of a narcissistic, emotionally abusive control freak. I eventually escaped him, too.  It's no small miracle that I'm still (relatively) sane. 

   Having freed myself of the shackles of giving a shit, my backbone grew exponentially. I do still have lapses of allowing people to treat me disrespectfully, but they are becoming fewer and farther between. 

     It's a beautiful kind of freedom.  Thinking of your needs ahead of others.  Following your own heart, wherever it takes you. It's a liberty we all deserve. A worthy rebellion. 

     Don't deny your potential for the sake of someone else's comfort. 



No comments:

Post a Comment