Sunday, December 20, 2015

Mood Killing Sleep Elves

Sunday evening hello!

This weekend has found me feeling so good! Emotionally, I mean. I'm sure and solid. I know what I'm doing and where I'm going. 

But tomorrow is Monday and I'll be back to my usual routine of waking up at 4:45am. Send The Man off to work with lunch and a kiss. Errands, housework, dogs. Wanting desperately to write. 

I'm hoping that the night doesn't steal my confidence. That those sneaky little sleep elves don't tiptoe into my bedroom and kill my delightful, dreamy mood. 

Because writing is everything.
It's my breath. 
My blood. 

I'm not me without a pen in my hand. 
Words in my head, waiting patiently for their turn on the paper. 

So the elves need to stay away tonight...
Because tomorrow, I write. 

~ Kim

1 comment:

  1. I saw this earlier but just got a chance to read it. It sounds like we are getting into the right place --- getting bolder, more dedicated, and more honest about all of it (the writing, the feelings, etc.) Proud of you. Go!

    ReplyDelete